100% pure and naturalThe word eucalyptus comes from the Greek "eu" which means good and "kalypto" which means covered with reference to the cup-shaped membrane that covers the flower bud, which is ejected by the expansion of the flower. There are several varieties of eucalyptus both in Australia, its country of origin, and in Madagascar. The eucalyptus essential oil offered for sale by Aromeya is made from leaves of eucalyptus globulus or called kininimpotsy in the central highlands of the island.
- Expectorant, Mucolytic +++ (α-pinene, 1,8-cineole (eucalyptol)): alpha pinene regulates the hypersecretion of mucus by the bronchi while 1,8-cineole helps in thinning and expulsion of mucus from the respiratory tract. Together, these molecules make it possible to eliminate respiratory congestion.
- Antiseptic +++ (α-pinene): the alpha pinene present in the essential oil of Eucalyptus Globulus effectively prevents the development and growth of bacteria, viruses and fungi.
- Antibacterial ++ (1,8-cineole (eucalyptol)): the bactericidal action of 1,8-cineole has been demonstrated on bacteria such as staphylococci. Alpha pinene also prevents the development of Staphylococcus aureus, Escherichia coli or Klebsiella pneumoniae.
- Antifungal ++ (α-pinene): by contact or atmospheric diffusion, alpha pinene prevents the development of fungi such as Candida albicans and Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
- Antiviral ++ (α-pinene, 1,8-cineole (eucalyptol)): alpha pinene and 1,8-cineole constitute a protective barrier against viruses thus making it possible to slow their progression in the body in order to stop as soon as possible.
- Antiparasitic ++: this essential oil prevents and treats the presence of parasites in the body.
- Anti-Inflammatory + (1,8-cineole (eucalyptol)): 1,8-cineole modulates the body's response to an attack suffered (inflammation) and calms feelings of heat, and the resulting redness.
- Insect repellent +: this essential oil contains effective molecules to ward off insects.
- Latin name: Eucalyptus globulus Labill.
- Botanical family: Myrtaceae
- Distilled part: leaves
- Country of origin: Madagascar
- 1,8-cineole (eucalyptol): 62 to 75%
- α-pinene: 6 to 22%
- limonene: ≤ 11%
- paracymene: ≤ 6%
- Density at 20 ° C: 0.905 to 0.925
- Refractive index at 20 ° C: 1.460 to 1.466
- Rotary power at 20 ° C: 0 ° to 10 °
- Flash point: + 44 ° C
- Appearance: liquid
- Color: colorless to yellow
- Odor: fresh, camphorated, cineolated
- Respiratory tract infections (colds, sinusitis, flu, tonsillitis)
- Urinary tract infection
- Fatty cough
- Pain, arthritis, neuralgia
Madagascar eucalyptus globulus essential oil works mainly for respiratory problems and is beneficial in the treatment of asthma and for smokers.
For breathing problems, apply 1 to 5 drops of eucalyptus essential oil by massaging or rubbing on the thorax and sinuses three times a day. You can also put 2 drops of the oil in a handkerchief to breathe.
Eucalyptus essential oil can also be diluted in your bath to relieve arthritis, asthma, bronchitis, mucous congestions, headaches, rheumatism, sinusitis, fatigue and muscle pain.
Dilute 2 drops of oil in a bowl of warm water to breathe 2 times a day for a week.
To soothe insect bites, apply eucalyptus essential oil to the area to be treated.
Eucalyptus globulus essential oil can also be used to clean worktops, floors and furniture by pouring 1 drop of oil directly onto the mop or sponge.
For respiratory problems, Aromeya offers you to swallow one to two drops of essential oil of eucalyptus globulus diluted in a teaspoon of honey three times a day.
The use of Eucalyptus Globulus essential oil by ingestion requires a therapeutic prescription.
Please dilute the essential oil to 20% in a vegetable oil before any application (20% essential oil in 80% vegetable oil).
The use of this oil in diffusion is preferable as a mixture, 20% of Eucalyptus Globulus and 80% of authorized EO (s) in pure diffusion.
Eucalyptus Globulus essential oil is contraindicated for people with asthma.
Eucalyptus Globulus essential oil contains allergenic biochemical components:
- limonene (≤11%)
- geraniol (≤0.5%)
- linalool (≤0.1%)
Note: It is best to test the essential oil before using it (two drops in the crook of the elbow for at least 24 hours to check that there is no reaction).