100% pure and naturalGeranium, summer flower, finds its place in gardens, balconies and terraces. The word geranium comes from the Greek geranos which means "a crane". Indeed, the appearance of the seed of the geranium is reminiscent of the beak of the bird. In Celtic legend, the geranium associated with the crane was a symbol of wisdom because it seems, the cranes drew the signs of the alphabet in the sky, making them messengers of the divine. In Madagascar, this plant grows in the Central Highlands. The type of geranium exploited is pelargoniul X Asperum cv Bourbon.
- Tonic, Astringent +++ (monoterpene alcohols): the essential oil of Geranium Rosat tightens the mucous membranes, and thus tightens the skin tissues.
- Anti-Infectious +++ (geraniol, monoterpene alcohols): the essential oil of Geranium Rosat has an important antibacterial spectrum, in particular against skin infections.
- Antifungal +++ (monoterpene alcohols): the essential oil of Geranium Rosat destroys the fungi originating from the yeast spores at the origin of many fungal infections.
- Anti-Inflammatory ++ (monoterpene esters, monoterpene aldehydes): Geranium Rosat essential oil has a beneficial action against acute and chronic inflammation.
- Antispasmodic + (monoterpene esters, monoterpene alcohols): Geranium Rosat essential oil reduces involuntary muscle contraction, by inhibiting the secretion of acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter responsible, among other things, for muscle activity.
- Relaxant + (monoterpene esters): Geranium Rosat essential oil acts on ion channels and nerve receptors in such a way that it has a calming and relaxing action.
- Insect repellent + (geraniol, citronellol): the essential oil of Geranium Rosat, by the association of geraniol and citronellol, has a repellent action against all types of insects.
- Healing + (monoterpene alcohols): Geranium Rosat essential oil accelerates tissue repair and prevents inflammation to strengthen the healing action.
- blood sugar control
- Latin name: Pelargonium graveolens LʼHér ..
- Botanical family: Geraniaceae
- Distilled part: leaves
- Country of origin: Madagascar
- citronellol: 18 to 30%
- geraniol: 9 to 17%
- isomenthone: 2 to 10%
- guaiadiene: 4 to 14%
- citronellyl formate: 2 to 14%
- linalool: ≤ 10%
- Density at 20 ° C: 0.883 to 0.905
- Refractive index at 20 ° C: 1.461 to 1.477
- Rotary power at 20 ° C: -18 ° to -8 °
- Flash point: + 64 ° C
- Appearance: mobile liquid
- Color: light green to dark green
- Odor: pinkish, fruity
- Skin problems of all kinds (eczema, itching, skin and gynecological yeast infections)
- Stress and anxiety
- Water retention and cellulite
- Bleeding and hemorrhaging - heavy periods, bleeding gums and nose)
Bourbon geranium essential oil is also very effective against wrinkles and oily skin by promoting the firmness of skin tissue.
To have healthy skin, Aromeya suggests you use a few drops of bourbon geranium essential oil to mix in milk or vegetable oil and apply to the area to be treated.
Used as a massage oil, bourbon geranium essential oil is effective against eczema, mosquitoes, burns, cellulite, cuts and firming of the chest. Bourbon Geranium essential oil simultaneously helps to balance the skin's oil production, keep it supple, and heal wounds, burns and ulcers with its healing properties.
People with asthma and epilepsy should seek medical advice before use.
Geranium Rosat essential oil is irritating to the skin, it must therefore be diluted to 20% in a vegetable oil before any skin application (20% essential oil with 80% vegetable oil).
Diluted cutaneous use is possible for pregnant women over 3 months, on medical advice.
Pregnant women and babies can use this essential oil in atmospheric diffusion.
Rosat Geranium essential oil contains several allergenic and highly dosed biochemical components.
- citronellol (18 to 30%)
- geraniol (9 to 17%)
- linalool (3 to 15%)
- citral (geranial + neral) (≤2%)
- limonene (≤0.5%)
Note: It is best to test the essential oil before using it (two drops in the crook of the elbow for at least 24 hours to check that there is no reaction).