100% pure and naturalThe katrafay has the botanical name cedrelopsis grevei, is a plant endemic to Madagascar. In Malagasy, the word katrafay means bitter juice. It grows in water-poor forests in the southern region of the island. The plant appears in the form of a bushy shrub of 60 cm to 2 m. Katrafay has long been used to soothe skin areas such as the head, temples and neck.
- Anti-Inflammatory ++++ (sesquiterpene carbides): its strong composition of sesquiterpene carbides gives Katafray essential oil its major anti-inflammatory properties. It will be effective against muscle and joint pain by modulating the immune response and mobilizing white blood cells to the site of inflammation.
- Tonic, Stimulant +++: the essential oil of Katafray is recommended in bath for example to fight against fatigue and maintain a good general state of shape.
- Skin Regenerating ++: Katafray essential oil is useful in all kinds of skin conditions, eczema, dermatitis, burns, stings. It will calm locally induced pain, relieve inflammation and soothe your skin.
- Analgesic +++: by acting on all kinds of pain, migraines, back pain, sore throat, Katafray essential oil reveals all its analgesic properties.
- Latin name: Cedrelopsis grevei Baill.
- Botanical family: Ptaeroxylaceae
- Distilled part: bark
- Country of origin: Madagascar
- ishwarane: 3 to 35%
- α-copaene: 6 to 10%
- δ-cadinene: ≤ 2%
- 7-Epi-α-Selinene: 3 to 4%
- β-caryophyllene: ≤ 1%
- Density at 20 ° C: 0.932 to 0.942
- Refractive index at 20 ° C: 1.495 to 1.505
- Rotary power at 20 ° C: -12 ° to -5 °
- Flash point: + 49 ° C
- Appearance: limpid mobile liquid
- Color: light yellow to orange
- Odor: woody, balsamic
- Back pain
- Rheumatism and trauma
- General fatigue
- Arthritis, lumbago
- Neuralgic pains
- Sore throat
- Insomnia and dizziness
Against spinal pain, osteoarthritis and arthritis, dilute 1 to 2 drops of katrafay essential oil in a vegetable oil and massage the painful areas 3 to 4 times a day.
For joint pain, dilute 4 drops of katrafay essential oil in salt, milk or vegetable oil in your bath.
The internal use of katrafay essential oil is not recommended, it has an abortive power.
Katafray essential oil must be diluted for use on the skin: dilute between 20 to 50% in a vegetable oil (20 to 50% essential oil with 80 to 50% vegetable oil).
Katafray essential oil should not be used by people who are sensitive to allergic reactions.
Please do an allergic test on the crease of the elbow before use. For people with asthma, epilepsy, seek medical advice before use.
This essential oil is to be used for a short time and at a low dose.
Katafray essential oil contains an allergenic biochemical component:
Note: It is best to test the essential oil before using it (two drops in the crook of the elbow for at least 24 hours to check that there is no reaction).