100% pure and naturalThe botanical name of niaouli is melaleuca quinquinervia. It is a very hardy tree, 15 to 20 m high, which likes hot and humid areas. Its tapered leaves give off a powerful scent when crumpled. It is a sturdy tree with the bark made up of 10 to 20 overlapping layers. In Madagascar, niaouli or kininindrano in Malagasy grows in the east coast where the climate is hot and humid. Aromeya uses the leaves to produce niaouli essential oil.
- Antibacterial +++ (monoterpene alcohols, monoterpene carbides): Niaouli essential oil is very active on resistant bacteria (streptococci, pneumococci, enterococci).
- Antiviral +++ (monoterpene alcohols): Niaouli essential oil is particularly effective against the viruses responsible for cold sores.
- Antifungal + (monoterpene alcohols, monoterpene carbides): Niaouli essential oil effectively fights against candidiasis.
- Anti-Inflammatory + (1,8-cineole (eucalyptol), sesquiterpene carbides): 1,8-cineole modulates the body's response to an attack suffered (inflammation) and calms the sensations of heat, and the redness that it causes. arise.
- Antiparasitic + (1,8-cineole (eucalyptol), monoterpene alcohols): Niaouli essential oil is an intestinal antiparasitic (lamblias, roundworms, hookworms), and cutaneous (lice, mites, mites, ticks).
- Expectorant, Mucolytic + (1,8-cineole (eucalyptol)): eucalyptol (or 1,8-cineole) present in the essential oil of Niaouli activates the exocrine glands of the respiratory mucous membranes.
- insect repellent
- skin tonic
A good Niaouli essential oil should have the following characteristics. Do not hesitate to ask your dealer for them to be sure of the quality of your oil.
- Latin name: Melaleuca viridiflora Solander ex Gaërtner
- Botanical family: Myrtaceae
- Distilled part: young leafy twigs
- Country of origin: Madagascar
- 1,8-cineole (eucalyptol): 45 to 65%
- α-terpineol: 3 to 8%
- limonene: 5 to 10%
- α-pinene: 5 to 15%
- viridiflorol: 2 to 9%
- Density at 20 ° C: 0.904 to 0.925
- Refractive index at 20 ° C: 1.463 to 1.472
- Rotary power at 20 ° C: -4 ° to 1 °
- Flash point: + 53 ° C
- Appearance: limpid mobile liquid
- Color: colorless to pale yellow
- Odor: fresh, aromatic, cineolated
- Respiratory infections (congested bronchi, colds, sinusitis, pharyngitis)
- Venous congestion (varicose veins, hemorrhoids, heavy legs)
- Immune deficiency
- Skin irritation (acne, boil, slight burn, sting)
For the problems of stuffy nose, runny nose and colds, prepare a mixture of 2 ml of essential oil of niaouli, 3 ml of essential oil of eucalyptus, 2 ml of essential oil of ravintsara. From this mixture, place 2 drops on a tissue and breathe deeply, repeating every 2 to 3 hours if necessary.
Dilute 3 drops of essential oil of niaouli previously diluted in milk, salt or vegetable oil in your bath to fight against infections, relieve pain, tone the digestive system and eliminate skin infections. In massage, use 1 to 3 drops of essential oil of niaouli mixed with vegetable oil on the bronchi and the upper back 2 to 3 times a day. For children under 3, apply a drop to the feet.
Prepare a mixture of 2 drops of essential oil of niaouli with other oils to diffuse from 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Please seek medical advice before using Niaouli essential oil for people with asthma.
Seek medical advice before using this essential oil for people with epilepsy because of the high dose epileptogenic risk it presents.
For pregnant women and babies, diluted skin application is possible on medical advice.
Niaouli essential oil is irritating to the skin, it is recommended to dilute it to 20% in vegetable oil before any skin application (20% essential oil with 80% vegetable oil).
This route of use is possible for pregnant women and babies.
Do not use Niaouli essential oil in case of hormone-dependent disease.
Niaouli essential oil contains several allergenic biochemical components.
- limonene (5 to 10%)
- geraniol (≤ 1%)
- linalool (≤ 1%)
- eugenol (≤ 0.5%)
Note: It is best to test the essential oil before using it (two drops in the crook of the elbow for at least 24 hours to check that there is no reaction).